Saturday, January 16

Bye Bye Y'all

Can I just point out how hard it is not say "y'all"?
Okay. Thank you. 

On December 29, only 10 days after getting married, Mickey and I started our trek to California.  So here's a little background information:

Mickey had/has some opportunities in California that weren't available in Texas.
We felt that if we didn't move right after we got married we wouldn't for at least one more year, if that.  We felt that we would settle and not go for our dreams. 
So, we decided to go for it. 

Mickey's dream is to make stuff. Movies, TV, everything. 
My dream is to be a talk show host.  Like a blend of Ellen, Oprah and Jimmy Fallon. 
But me.
I understand just how insane and unrealistic that sounds but I read once that if your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough and it kinda stuck with me. 

So, we got married on the 19th of December.  
Left for our honeymoon in New York on the 20th. 
Came back from our honeymoon on Christmas.
Packed up [most of] our lives into my little KIA Soul.
We cleared out Mickey's room, my room and my storage unit that stored mine and my mom's entire lives.
We had a tremendous amount of help from my aunt and uncle and Mickey's dad, uncles and aunt were so helpful getting everything out.  
It is true, you never realize how much stuff you have until you try to move. 

We said bye to our best friends. 
Deidra and Sam. 
It was hard. 
I cried. 
We had dinner with Deidra and we had breakfast the next day with Sam. 
 To say that these people have been there during the hardest times of our lives would be a severe understatement. 
When I was in the process of losing my mom, Deidra was there.  When Mickey was losing his, Sam was there. 
They've been there for us during our absolute lowest points and we were so grateful to have them there for the best day of our lives. Deidra was my Made of Honor and Sam was Mickey's Best Man. 
If you guys are reading this, thank you both for being there for us.  Thank you for listening to us and for talking to us and being total dorks with us. We're so glad we met you when we did. How crazy is it that we both met you guys in 9th grade?  
We miss you so very much but know that we'll keep in touch. 
Duh.

One of the weirdest parts was the morning of the 29th.  We were going to leave pretty early but we decided to stay a little bit so we could go to Jim's and have breakfast with Mickey's dad, his uncle and his girlfriend. 
We stuffed our faces and then it was time to start driving away.  
We had said our goodbyes to my aunt and uncle, which felt totally weird. 
It didn't feel like we were really leaving. 
We had said goodbye to our best friends. 
We then had to say bye and start driving away.  Not to Mickey's house. Not to a restaurant where we would meet them later. No.  We had to start driving to a whole different state.  We hugged goodbye and we got into the fully-packed car. We clicked our seatbelts and that's when it hit me. I turned to Mickey and asked: 
"So, do we start crying now or later?"
We laughed a scared, yet excited laugh. 
And so we started driving. 

If we didn't get to personally say goodbye to you, thank you for your support and help. 
Thank you for being there for us. 
Thank you being our friends, our mentors and our family. 
Thank you.

Once again, thank you to everyone that helped us in any way with the move. 
We couldn't have done without you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment