Thursday, November 24

The first Thanksgiving.

Well, tomorrow will be my first Thanksgiving without my little sweet momma.  I think I'll be okay.  Although lately I've been having lots of "moments", that's the term Dr. Tucker and I came up with to describe a mini meltdown.  So, yeah, I've been having lots of those.  I know, though, my mom would have wanted me to enjoy Thanksgiving, so that's what I'm going to do.  
As far as everything else, I'm getting ready to finish my third semester! My last day will be December 8…the countdown begins! I'm excited for next semester because it's a new beginning and new classes.  Oh and here are other news:

-I'm officially joining Catholic Daughters of America!!! (I mentioned the organization last fall so I'm glad I'll be able to join!) My mom would be so happy!
-I did well on my monologue this past Monday! It was from The Memory of Water (I strongly recommend it) and I was Catherine.  
-As you can tell, I'm done with my Writing for the Media blogging assignment, that's why the list thing is back, it's so much easier.  

Life is going well.  Sure, I'm still having meltdowns and "moments" but I strongly believe my mom is smiling down and grinning of proudness (if that last one makes sense).  No question, I miss her tons and think about her everyday but I'm living the life she would have wanted me to and that makes me proud of myself too.  

So, my friends, Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy it with family and friends and be thankful.  I'm thankful for having such a strong support system and being able to spend Thanksgiving with the ones I love.  I'm most thankful that I had my mom for such a long time and that she was able to raise me to be the strong "woman" I am.  I don't consider myself to be a woman yet because I think I'm too young, but I'm not a girl anymore, so maybe lady? Anyway, I'm strong because she raised me to be so.  I'm everything I am because she loved me.  So, with that being said, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment