Sunday, February 19

Confirmation

For those of you who don't know this, I'm Catholic.  Roman Catholic, to be exact.  There is this step in one's life that, whenever they feel ready, they take.  I've just taken it.  Today! There are seven catholic sacraments: Baptism, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Confirmation, Marriage, Holy Orders, and Anointing of the Sick.  I have experienced or seen others experience all of them except for the Holy Orders which is when someone decides to be take on a religious vocation.

So here's the story in a nutshell, my mom had been wanting me to get confirmed for a LONG time because she knew I wanted to be confirmed but things just kept on preventing me from taking confirmation classes. One of the things my mom wanted me to do was to get my confirmation.  That's exactly what I did today! I've been going to confirmation classes since October, the month after my mom passed away, and I finally did it.  I was confirmed today.

I lit a candle for my sweet momma. 
Not gonna lie, it was a day full of emotions. It kind of made me think of how much of a mess I'm going to be on my wedding day, you know? I mean, today, was beautiful and amazing but oh dear, it was difficult.  What kept me going was thinking of how proud and happy my mom would've been.  She would have been so happy and she would have been taking pictures whenever she could.

It was a beautiful ceremony and everything went smoothly. Everyone was so nice.  Friends and family came out and then we went to eat.

I'm so blessed I was able to take this next step in my catholic life and look forward to living life as a confirmed catholic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment