Sunday, March 27

Thank you Volunteer Donor(s) ♥

Okay so things have been pretty crazy since I lost blogged. (Sorry if there are any typos in this post, I'm not as well-functioning as I usually am :) )  My mom had an appt. with her oncologist and he said that she was anemic so she needed a blood transfusion.  Okay, so the thing is that this last time I was more nervous than I usually am, I don't know why, I think it just gets harder.  Anywho, so the moment I saw him come into the the room I was about to fall apart.  Then the words "it's time to" totally freaked me out, I was like what is he going to say next? I had gone into panic mode, but then he followed it with "get a transfusion" so although I was still scared, it wasn't as bad as where my imagination was going.  So then yeah, yesterday, friday was transfusion day.  My mom and I really had no idea of what to expect, we were thinking maybe 5 hours or so total (for 2 units of blood).  We were wrong.  Each unit of blood was going to take 3-4 hrs plus registration plus lab afterwards.

The ending of the blood transfusion process.
The actual process of getting into the room didn't take very long so we were glad.  Once we got in there we were informed of how long the process would take and then we began the journey.  The RNs and techs were super nice.  When the blood came in and Sammy (RN) brought it, that's when it really hit me that my mom was getting blood.  It's weird, you know? They're always taking blood out of my mom and now they were putting some in.   Another thing, it's crazy to think that that person's blood is helping my mom out.  Because of the 'Volunteer Donor' my mom feels stronger and is going to get better.  I am eternally grateful for the persons' kindness  (I think there were two donors).  So thank you very much donors, wherever you are in the world. :)

The chair I was sitting on was super uncomfortable so I was thinking that I was going to pull an all-nighter.  So in the 9 channels provided there was FRIENDS (a show I will always love) and Joel Osteen (and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon/LNwJF).  I watched Joel Osteen for about an hour and it was so nice to watch something so positive at a time like that. He was talking about basically, not judging a book by it's cover, but it was so much more than that.  I have watched Joel Osteen before but somehow this time was more revealing.  He talked about just helping people in need.  Even though we may not agree with somebody's behavior we don't know the reason behind their actions and we should not judge them because we haven't walked in their shoes.  We should just help those that need someone (if that makes sense).  It was something really nice to hear at 3:30am.  Of course FRIENDS and LNwJF were also very nice to watch at this time.  I actually ended up sleeping from 6-7:45 so it wasn't too too bad.  My mom finally got discharged at around noon! :) Then we took a ginormous nap.  haha.

I am so glad this is over and I'm hoping my mom will feel better and her blood count situation improves. Thanks for reading.  Please keep prayin'! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment