Monday, August 15

Monologues

Okay so I finally found my monologues!!! I found them maybe like three days ago. I was surprised at how fast I was able to memorize the first one.  [GO AMY!] It's pretty cool. I really wanted to share them with y'all so here they are (they are just a little snip bit of each monologue):

……………………………………………………………………….
Look Back in Anger 
ALISON
DRAMATIC CONTEMPORARY

"It doesn't matter! I was wrong.  I was wrong! I don't want to be neutral,  I don't want be a saint.  I want to be a lost cause.  I want to be corrupt and futile!
(Her voice takes strength, and rises)
Don't you understand? It's gone! It's gone! That-that helpless human being inside my body, I thought it was so safe, and secure in there.  Nothing could take it from me.  It was mine, my responsibility.  But it's lost.
(She slides to the floor)
All I wanted was to die.  I never knew what it was like.  I didn't know it could be like that! I was in pain, and all I could think of was you, and what I'd lost."

An Ideal Husband
MABEL CHILTERN
COMEDIC CLASSICAL

"And then Tommy is so annoying in the way he proposes.  If he proposed at the top of his voice, I should not mind so much.  That might produce some effect on the public.  But he does it in a horrid confidential way.  When Tommy wants to be romantic he talks to one just like a doctor.  I am very fond of Tommy, but his methods of proposing are quite out of date.  I wish Gertrude, you would speak to him, and tell him that once a week is quite often enough to propose to any one, and that it should always be done in a manner that attracts some attention."

……………………………………………………………………….

What do you think? It took me forever to find them.  I know the first one is pretty intense, but there are a couple of reasons why it is so perfect.  One: my mom almost named me Alison, it would have been spelled Allyson though, but yeah, she almost named me Alison.  I came to her in one of her dreams and told her that "It's me mommy, Amy, Amy Cassandra". Yeah, pretty cool.  Two: my mom had I believe four miscarriages before I finally came into this world.  So this monologue is very personal.

For the second one, I found it pretty funny because although it is classical, I feel like I would totally say some of the things Mabel says.  I feel I can play around with it too.

I'm so excited to perform these monologues.  I can't wait.

{My mom is doing okay right now so please keep praying guys! Thanks!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment