Thursday, April 26

Happy Birthday Sweet Momma

One of my birthdays.  She looks so happy. 
April 26.  1:30am-ish.  Exactly when my mom was born.

Today is my mom's birthday.  I say "is" because it will always be her birthday, even if she isn't here next to me.  I have this idea in my head of how birthdays are in heaven.  I imagine a whole bunch of happiness and laughter and food.  Maybe no presents because angels don't really need material things like that.  The present is being in heaven.  I mean, I know that's exactly where I want to go when I die (when I'm old, saggy and wrinkly). I strongly believe birthdays in heaven are the bomb diggity.

So, for today's schedule (since it's after midnight), I have class, then I have to hang theatrical lights, then I have the Alpha Chi Induction.  I guess it's a good thing I'll be busy.  I want to definitely do something my mom would have done.  I'm still thinking of what.  In the meantime, I wanted to write this letter to my momma wishing her happy birthday. So here it goes:

Dear Momma,

I LOVE YOU! AND... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOMMA/MOMMY/MAMA/MAAAAA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! ( I am singing this to you in my head, as you can tell).  I wanted to tell you happy birthday from your very lucky daugther! I hope you are having a blast in heaven with everyone! Please say hi to grandma and my brothers and sisters for me! (Oh and any famous people you're friends with!) Thank you!  I hope that today you spend a lot of time relaxing and enjoying your day because it is your day.  I will do many things today you would have loved to do, I'm just still thinking of what but I know you'll guide me.  Also, the Alpha Chi inductions, isn't that great? I'm so excited to wear the new dress I got, the one on clearance.  Well, anyway, I also wanted to say thank you for making me brave and strong.  I know we have the same genes so that aids a lot but your parenting also strengthened that.

Okie dokie mommy, I'm gonna let you go and have some crazy fun with all the angels and Jesus! Hope today is an absolutely wonderful day for you! I love you from the bottom of my heart and miss you tons!

P.S. You're welcome to come in my dreams.

Love,
forever your daughter,
Amy

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment