Saturday, September 15

And so it starts.

September has slowly become my least favorite month.  Here are a few reasons organized by date:

September 6, 2012: My aunt Estelle's mom passed away
September 11, 2001: We all know why.
September 14, 2010: My mom and I got in the car accident, leaving her with a fractured humerus
Friday, September 16, 2011: We were told her body was tired (we didn't know how long she had)
Sunday, September 18, 2011: Hospice came to the hospital to visit us
Monday, September 19, 2011: We moved into hospice & the last day my mom was fully conscious
Monday, September 26, 2011: My mom passed away

So, let the small venting begin.

Today (Sept 14) , two years ago was honestly a nightmare.  Here was what I wrote that night.  Here was what I wrote last year on that day, the last post before we found out about my mom's health deteriorating.  Finally, here is the post about when we got my (our) newer car, Anderson.

So, like I mentioned in that original post, that day was one of the worst days of my life.  I won't go into too much detail because I wanted to say how blessed I am.  Yes, today wasn't the easiest of days but I am so blessed to be alive.  Two years ago today, my mom and I experienced one of the worst things in our lives and we overcame it.  Today, I spent time with Mickey, went to work and spent time with my family (Aunt Mimi, Uncle Michael and David) and even met a few new people! I mean, seriously, how blessed am I?

Mickey and I are about to celebrate our 6 months this 18th of September and that's a big thing! He has been so supportive and helpful, especially this month and I'm so blessed to have met him back during our first semester in college.  I am even more thankful for him being there when my mom's health got worse.  He let me vent in Anderson and it was so very helpful.  So, Mickey, if you're reading this, because I think you are, I just wanted to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart for being there for me today.  I know that, together, we can get through this month.  <3 br="br" nbsp="nbsp"> I'm focusing on positivity and happiness and all the beautiful things life has to offer.  So please send good thoughts my way as I navigate the rest of this month.

Thank you.   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your aunt Mimi and I are very impressed with you and love you very much. Through this month we'll pray God's covering over you to give you His peace and maybe even understanding of the wonderfulness of God's plan for your life.
BTW: Mimi and I both liked Mickey.

Amy Cassandra said...

Thank you so much Uncle Michael. It truly means a lot to me to have y'all in my life. I love y'all! It was so wonderful to see you guys.

Yayy! :)

Post a Comment