Friday, August 23

Three Years

Three years ago today, I met Mickey. 
1:30pm.
Introduction to Mass Communication class.
It was my first Comm Arts class and I was so excited. 

I remember walking into the classroom and seeing him.
He was one of the first guys in college I saw that had long hair.  
(Shoulder length approx.)
I thought "Wow, this is college"
I don't know why but seeing his hair like that made me think of college movies and it was one of the first times where I thought "I don't know think we're in high school anymore".

It's weird too because I knew a few guys in high school that had long hair but somehow Mickey's looked better.  It looked healthier and didn't make me cringe.  

So here is a nice look at what our profile pictures looked like when we met that day.
Mickey, if you're reading this, I love you! 

Mickey is furthest to the left.
Isn't that crazy? 

We didn't really start talking till later in the semester, and even then, we weren't that close of friends till the following semester. I mean, who would've known that three years ago today, I would meet this amazing man that makes me the happiest girl in the world?

We've been in each other's lives for three years now. Dang.  Three years. 
That's 1095 days.  
Wow.  

Some of my closest friends I have I've known since 6th grade 
and that's still insane to me.  That's at least a decade there!
The concept of time to me is so confusing and just crazy to me, partly because so much has happened and because I'm 21 years old.  I think it comes with the whole growing up thing but wow. You know?


I thank God every day for all the wonderful people I have in my life and I know that three years ago things were way different but if it hadn't been for Mickey and all the other people that helped me through everything, I wouldn't be where I am today. 

I'm so glad I signed up for that class at that time. 
1:30pm. Intro to Mass Comm. August 23, 2010.
Everything changed. 

Our profile pictures now:


Happy three years of knowing each other Mickey. :)
I love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment