Monday, September 16

The First Time I Talked on {LIVE} TV

So some of y'all know of my wonderful career aspirations and how TV practicum this past spring really opened my eyes to it.  As you know, I interned with FOX over the summer as a news intern and recently left.  What I haven't shared with y'all is what has happened next.

I finished my news internship with FOX on August 28.
I had an interview with FOX on August 29 for a different internship and left that day with another internship with FOX! I know, they just couldn't get rid of me!

So, since September 5th, I've been one of the Entertainment and Lifestyle Interns at FOX! I've been going Tuesday-Friday for about 20 hours total! I know! It was the internship I'd been wanting for a while and I'm so blessed and grateful to have it!

Another thing I haven't shared is that my schedule had become very overwhelming.
I had three jobs, about to start a new internship and taking 16 hours.
About two weeks ago, I decided to give my two weeks at David's Bridal.  This was something very difficult for me because I've never been at a job less than 6 months and I felt a bit like a failure.  After much thinking, I realized that I was under so much stress I wasn't enjoying life.  Granted, I'm under stress now, but I love waking up in the morning, even if it is at 5am to go FOX.  I had gotten to the point where I was so swamped with everything I was enjoying anything.  I realized, I needed to step back from something.  I wanted to "focus on my career", which I felt sounded very weird of me to say but that's the truth.  I was veering away from my chosen career path and I didn't like it.  Today is my last day at David's Bridal and I have to say, I learned so much in my two months of being there.  I had wonderful experiences and helped my cousin pick out her wedding gown.  I learned how to use a cash register, how to properly hang wedding gowns, how to be a wedding consultant, how to help bridesmaids out and most of all, how to communicate with all kinds of people.   I don't see this as a bad thing anymore because I know I need to focus on my job as a student, as an intern at FOX, as an Entertainment Director at my university's TV station and as the Assistant Wedding Coordinator at my chapel.  Seriously, when did it become reasonable and okay to use the phrase "focus on my career".  I'm growing up.  Yikes!

So, since that decision my brain has been on TV mode and let me tell you, it's AWESOME.
The internship is absolutely amazing and I'm so freakishly happy to be there.

One more thing, did I mention I was on TV this past Thursday, September 12, 2013 at approximately 9:10am? I was! I talked and everything! The anchors wanted to get a perspective from a younger person on a certain topic (parents going on interviews with their 20-something "child"). I gave a young adult perspective and basically said that was whack.

This was technically my third appearance on TV ever and it was awesome.

1. March 24?, 2008: Good Morning America with my high school orchestra
2. July 2013 FOX lifestyle show dancing during the credits
3. This appearance.  

I have to say, it was a moment I will ALWAYS remember and I still can't believe it happened.
It was also very last minute.  So for those of you starting to get upset because I didn't tell you, sorry, there was no time.  Next time, I will tell me people, no worries! :)

So there you have it.  Things are a changing and I can't wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment