Saturday, February 15

L.O.V.E.

Mickey and I celebrated our second Valentine's Day together!! 
Let's just start by saying this is our first one since graduation and it was amazing!! 
We didn't have to worry about classes or homework! 
Last year, as some of you may remember, didn't go as planned.  A teacher kept us all class period after saying she wouldn't and so our plans were changed but we went with the flow and ended up at Applebee's.  Well, my friends, no teacher stood in our way this year! 

I woke up at like 9:30am to make sure I was ready to go at a reasonable time.  
I had the hardest time going to sleep the night before because I was so freaking excited! 
I didn't tell Mickey I was waking up earlier than usual (it was a secret!)

I started getting ready and then he texted me later saying he was waking up.  I lied to him and pretended I was still semi-asleep.  LIE! I had taken a shower, gotten my stuff together and was fixing my hair! :)

I surprised him at his house at around 11:30am! 
We exchanged presents and it was so cute because he's just so adorable when he gives me presents, we both love to look at one another when we open presents.  
He gave me a dozen red roses, an Imagine poster, two Celine Dion CDs, and a card with a poem in it.  (heart melted)
I gave him a teddy bear (inside joke), a stuffed animal, gum (inside joke), a Starbucks gift card and a card with a letter in it.  
:)
I then showed him my hair! (Inspired by Pinterest!
Then I hugged Buddy, his labradoodle and proceeded to take these two pictures.  

Buddy wanted a valentine of his own. :(
We then continued with our plans of going on a picnic for lunch.  
We started walking and decided to stop a bit sooner than planned because we were so excited to eat.  #fatties #justkidding #butseriously
I sat on the Minnie side and he sat on the blue side.
Food present:
2 sandwiches. Life Cinnamon Cereal. Lay's Sour Cream & Onion Chips.
Welch's Fruit Snacks. Chicken Pot Pie Soup. Marshmallows. YUM! 
We realized we were matching! We both wore red and blue! He wore a
striped shirt and I wore a heart dress.  Great minds think alike! 
It was so much fun! We both don't really care for being outside but it was delightful and 
we were under a shade and no bugs got in our food! Yay!

We then walked back to Mickey's house and watched He's Just Not That Into You! My mom and I had seen that movie a while ago and we loved it.  I told Mickey about it and when 

we were deciding what to do on Valentine's Day I brought this movie up!
 It was just perfect!

We watched it while enjoying a bag of popcorn and some yogurt!
Oh and we came to the realization that I'm very much like 

Ginnifer Goodwin's character, Gigi.
From how she acted and what she wore.  OMG.  It was crazy. Oh and need I 

mention her's and Justin Long's relationship in the movie? Ahh.  It was cool.  :)
Lastly, we got ready for the last part of our Valentine's Day-dinner. We changed and 
everything.We went to Olive Garden.  The one we wanted to go to didn't 
take reservations so we knew we'd be waiting a while, so we went before we 
started getting hungry.We got there and waited about 45 minutes, which didn't 
feel long at all! We talked outside, it was beautiful.
We were called just as we started getting super hungry.  Perfect timing!
We ate breadsticks, that freakishly amazing Chicken & Gnocchi soup, we had 

an appetizer (calamari and beef and pork ravioli!), Mickey got the Tour de Italy 
and I got Chicken Alfredo with whole wheat pasta, and Tiramisu! YUM! 
We didn't finish our actual entrees to save room for dessert and it was so worth it! 
This picture obviously does not do it justice.

We listened to one of the Celine Dion CDs, some Beyonce and  L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole
and some Frank Sinatra! This guy knows how to make me swoon over him! ;)

We went back to his house and then watched the Valentine's Day episode of Buffy.  :)
His parents helped us with pictures, see below.  This was the best one.
 And there you have it.  Our second Valentine's Day together.  It was my favorite Valentine's yet! 

Thank you Mickey for making me the happiest girl in the world and giving me fuzzies and butterflies.  You make my heart melt more and more everyday and I'm so blessed to be a part of your life.  Here's to many more Valentine's Days together!! 
I love you Mickey! 

                                                                                                                       -Your Minnie ❤️



0 comments:

Post a Comment